Philippa Street, Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant, Cert IV, BSc.(Food & nutrition). Member AAPA (Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association) Philippa spent 4 years studying Ayurveda with a series of specialists:
- BSc. Food & Nutrition
- Clinical Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (Australasiann Institute of Ayurvedic Studies) Cert IV
- Certificate in Panchakarma Theory & Practicum (Dr. Vasant Lad, The Ayurvedic Institute)
- Certificate in Marma Chikitsa (Dr. Vasant Lad, The Ayurvedic Institute)
- Certificate in Pulse Practicum (Dr. Vasant Lad, The Ayurvedic Institute)
- Cetificate in Womens Herbal Medicine (Sonia Masocco, The Ayurvedic Institute)
- Kalari Chikilsa Advanced Certificate (Balachandran Nair)
- Australian Bush Flower Essences (Ian White)
- Professional membership Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association
Philippa has practised meditation for over 30 years.
She first began to study Ayurveda after her husband had a heart attack. Using allopathic medicine he failed to regain good health. After consulting with an Ayurvedic practitioner and following his advice she was amazed how quickly and completely her husband recovered. This provided the impetus for her studies.
Philippa works in a holistic way with soul, mind and body seeking to find causes of dis-ease and remove them. She approaches health with a combination of herbs, nutrition and diet advice, counselling, and wonderful warm, medicated oil treatments like Shirodhara. She finds that counselling can become more effective by using Australian Bush Flower Essences and Bach Flower Essences which, in the words of Edward Bach, ” …. cure not by attacking disease but by flooding our bodies with beautiful vibrations of our higher nature, in the presence of which disease melts like snow in sunshine.”